Saturday, January 27, 2007

Don't Cry for Me Singapura

It was not easy, you'd think it hurts
Though I try to explain how it felt
That I could still get up and run
After two hundred and fifty-one

It took much effort
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she's not wearing anything at all
And trying to do it some more

I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn't spend all my life down here
Looking out of the window, in a blue pinafore
So I chose freedom, running around,
Trying every man I knew,
But no dick impressed me at all,
I never expected it to

Don't Cry For Me Singapura
The truth is I never left you
All through my orgies, my mad orgasms
I've done my best now, so buy the video

And as for headlines, and as for shame
I'd never invited them in
Though it seemed to The New Paper
They were all I desired

They are illusions
They're not truths the reporter claimed them to be
The answer was clear all the time
I love it, so what's your problem?

Don't cry for me Singapura
Don't read the newspaper either
All through their wild lies, their crazy stories
They hurt my loved ones, to make more money?

Have I screwed too much
Is there no one else tonight I can think of to try to take
But don't deceive yourself, tell me that it's true
That you took delight in it too!

Note: this piece is not by me - in fact, I remember getting this in my e-mail back when I was in JC in 1997 - it's some random citizen's parody of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita. If anyone knows who the original author was, please tell me so I can give proper credit. Source here.

No comments: